Break the Ice.
- Finish this sentence. “The thing I’m looking forward to most about fall is…”
Bring the Word.
Read Genesis 1
- Who is in the beginning? What does this tell you about God?
- Where do people today get their information/views about who God is and what He’s like?
- Why would it be harmful to get our information about God from sources outside of His revealed and inspired Word?
- What happens when God speaks? What does this tell you about His authority?
- What is God’s evaluation of creation? What does this reveal about God?
- Did God create a universe of order or chaos? What does this reveal about God?
- How does John 1:1-3 agree with what takes place in Genesis 1?
- How does Colossians 1:16-17 agree with what takes place in Genesis 1?
- How does it impact you to know that God does not need us in His Story, but invites us to be part of His Story?
Bring it Home.
- What’s the one thing that stands out to you most from this discussion?
- Anything going on in your life you’d like to share with us?
- How can we pray for one another?