Bring the Word
Read Matthew 12:38-41
- Why do you think the Pharisees and teachers of the law ask for a sign?
- Do you think the people understood the sign He explained to them?
- Is there any significance to the way He states the amount of time he will be in the Earth?
Read Matthew 16:21-23, 17:22-23, Matthew 20:17-19
- Who was Jesus teaching?
- What did He say about His death? Does what He said come true?
- What does he say about His resurrection?
- What reaction might you expect from Jesus’ disciples on the third day?
- Do you see them react that way? Why?
Read Matthew 27:57-66
- What was Joseph risking through his actions?
- Do you think any of the apostles helped? Why?
- What significance is there that Mary Magdalene and the other Mary were sitting there?
- How does the actions of the chief priests, Pharisees, Pilate, and guards benefit the authenticity of Jesus’ resurrection?
Bring it Home
Read Matthew 28:1-10
- What does “shook and became like dead men” mean?
- What caused the earthquake?
- Was Jesus gone before the stone was removed from the tomb? Why or why not?
- Why isn’t there an account of the exact moment of resurrection?
- How does that compare to someone’s moment of salvation?
- How can we pray for you?
Bonus: Read Matthew 28:1-10, Mark 16:1-11, Luke 24:1-12, John 20:1-18
- What differences in these 4 accounts stick out to you?
- Do these differences mean they are wrong? Why or why not?
- Does your faith play a role in how you answered the last question?
- Can you reconcile what appear to be differences? How?
- What other parts of the Bible point to the death, burial, and/or resurrection of Jesus?
- What additional insight do each give us?