Break the Ice.
- What’s your favorite Fall activity?
Bring the Word.
Read Genesis 31:1-3
Where is Jacob now now, and where is God telling him to go?
Read Genesis 32:1-8
- How is Jacob feeling as he returns to his relatives?
- Why is he “greatly afraid?” (vs 7)
- What scheme does Jacob come up with?
Read Genesis 32:9-12
- What are some key takeaways from Jacob’s transparent prayer to God?
- Jacob has a backup plan just in case Esau attacks, but he also asks God to deliver him from Esau. Do you think Jacob completely trusted in God’s plan?
Read Genesis 32:24-32
- Who wrestles with Jacob until dawn? How is Jacob injured?
- What does Jacob’s limp become a permanent reminder of?
- What else happens to Jacob besides his injury?
Read Genesis 33:1-9
- What was the outcome of Jacob’s meeting with his brother Esau?
- Does Esau seem to be carrying any weight from the past? Does Jacob?
Bring it Home.
- Is there a relationship in your life that has unresolved issues?
- What is God asking you to do about it?
- Anything going on in your life you’d like to share with us?
- How can we pray for one another?