Read Malachi 1:6-8
- What would happen if they offered what they were giving to God to the governor?
- What is a way we may show contempt or deprive God of the honor and respect due him?
Read Malachi 3:8-12
- What consequences are the people facing for “robbing God”?
- Have you seen evidence of the principle of God’s blessing in your life? What about God working to frustrate your plans?
- In what ways may we be robbing God?
Read Malachi 3:2-4
- Who do you think the refiner is?
- How will he make the offerings of Judah and Jerusalem acceptable again?
- How would you describe the process of being refined?
- What are the benefits of being refined?
Read Hebrews 7:27
- Why is Jesus’ sacrifice different from the sacrifices in Malachi?
- With the sacrifice of Jesus, is there still a need for our refinement? Why?
- Can you point to a specific time in your life where you were being refined? Elaborate if you would like.
- How can we pray for you?