Bring the Word
Read John 14:22-31
- If Jesus had shown Himself to the world would we have the opportunity for salvation?
- What purpose or role of the Holy spirit does Jesus point out?
- What role has Jesus already fulfilled?
- What connection does Jesus make between love and obedience?
- What is Jesus saying when He says that he and the Father will make their home with those who obey Jesus teaching?
Read Matthew 25:31-46
- How does Jesus’ role in his second coming differ from his role in His first coming?
- Is it important to have His absence between these times? Why?
- What actions are being judged as our obedience to Jesus?
- In verse 40, is Jesus being specific about who those actions are directed to?
- Who would be His brothers and sisters?
- Can we tell who His brothers and sisters are?
Bring it Home
Read Acts 1:1-11
- Why would Jesus tell them to wait in Jerusalem for the gift the father had promised?
- Is there significance to the order of the places Jesus tells them they will be witnesses too? (v. 8 “…in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth”).
- Between the time of Jesus as Teacher/Savior and His return as Judge/King, in what ways are we to be witnesses?
- Can we be witnesses without the Holy Spirit? Why or why not?
- How can we pray for you?