Bring the Word
Read Ephesians 5:21-33
- What does it mean to be the body of Christ?
- Are the body of Christ and the Church the same thing?
- Name some of the roles Christ fills pertaining to the Church?
- Does the Church fulfill any needs of Christ? Why is this important?
- What is asked of the Church?
Read John 14:15-27
- How do we show love for Christ?
- Does showing love for Christ make us the Church?
- Why do we need an advocate?
- What role does the advocate/Holy Spirit play in the Church?
Read Acts 1:24-2:11
- What are some of the significance of this event to the Church?
- How many apostles were there?
- How many different groups of people are named?
- How effective would the apostles have been without the Holy Spirit?
- Do you think this compares to the effectiveness of the Church without the Holy Spirit?
Read Acts 2:36-41
- What can we learn about how we become a part of the Church from how the 3,000 were “added to their number?”
Bring It Home
Read 1 Corinthians 12:12-14,27
- Are our roles as individuals separate from the roles of the Church, as a whole?
- Can you describe the Church without describing the individuals of the Church?
- What does that say about the Church?
- How can we pray for you?