Bring the Word
Read Matthew 13:1-9
- What is a parable?
- What might be some practical reasons Jesus taught in parables?
Read 1 Corinthians 2:6-16
- What does God use to reveal his wisdom to us?
- Are we capable of understanding the things of God without it? Why?
Read Matthew 13:10-17
- What reasons does Jesus give for speaking in Parables?
- What two groups does Jesus present?
- What is it that they have if they are able to understand?
- Can you be given more of the Holy Spirit?
- What are we given more of?
Bring it Home
Read Matthew 13:18-23
- What represents Jesus in this parable?
- What type of soil would you consider yourself?
- Do you think the person represented by the rocky soil thinks they are good soil? Why or why not?
- What two things represent the thorns and choke the Word?
- Do you think the person represented by the thorny soil recognizes the Word being choked?
- How does hearing and understanding the word produce a bumper crop?
- Is being good soil permanent? Why or why not?
- What are some things we can do on a weekly basis to help us be good soil? And what are some things that we can do on a daily basis to help us be good soil?
- Do you have anything that you do multiple times per day to keep yourself prepared to hear and live the Word?