Break the Ice
- What radio station/podcast could you listen to all day long without getting bored?
- Do you prefer listening to audio or watching video? Why?
Bring the Word
Read Luke 6:1-11
- Why are the Pharisees listening to and watching Jesus?
- How do you think the Pharisees were viewed from a religious or spiritual standpoint? A social standpoint? A financial standpoint?
Read Luke 6:12-19
- Why is it significant that Jesus spent the night praying to God before choosing the 12 apostles?
- What are the 3 classifications of people we find listening to Jesus?
- What distinguishes the Apostles from the Disciples?
- What distinguishes the disciples from the people wanting to “hear him” and “be healed of their diseases”?
- Do you think there is a distinction between those wanting to”hear him” and those wanting to “be healed”?
- Which category would the Pharisees be classified as?
- Do you think the Pharisees understood Jesus’ teaching?
- Which category would you classify yourself as?
Read Luke 6:20-26
- Why does it specify that Jesus looks at his disciples?
- Would you consider this teaching direct or indirect?
- Is Jesus talking about these things in the physical sense, the spiritual sense, or both?
- Which group represents the Pharisees, the blessed or woe to’s?
- If the Pharisees are Rich in a spiritual sense, then what does this mean by being poor?
- What do you think this verse is talking about when it says hunger?
- What is it talking about when it mentions weeping and laughter?
Bring it Home
Read Luke 6:32-38
- Is this teaching direct or indirect?
- Is he still contrasting the Pharisees?
- When Jesus says “Give, and it will be given to you” what is he instructing us to give? (Give_____, and it will be given to you)
- Who is our enemy?
- Why is it important for us to give them _______?
- How can we pray for you?