Read 1 Corinthians 12:1-11
- Why does Paul emphasize that we should be informed of spiritual gifts?
- How does knowing about spiritual gifts prevent us from being led astray?
- How does knowing our spiritual gifts help us identify needs we can meet?
- How does viewing our strengths as spiritual gifts promote the oneness of the body of Christ?
- Is a spiritual gift different from a role? How?
- Should we only fill roles specific to our spiritual gifts? Why or why not?
- What are some other reasons God may place us in certain roles?
Read 1 Corinthians 12:12-31
- What are the “higher gifts”?
- Paul speaks frequently to the need for oneness, this implies a tendency for separation. What are some reasons for division between people with different gifts?
- How do we overcome that division?
Read Romans 12:1-8, Romans 6:23
- Why are they not called spiritual wages?
- By what measure are our gifts given to us?
- Do our spiritual gifts affect what our spiritual worship looks like? If so, How?
- What happens when we look at the use of our spiritual gifts as spiritual worship?
Read Luke 12:47-48
- How do these verses apply to the use of our spiritual gifts?
- Does ignorance of our spiritual gifts excuse us from our proper worship?
- What is something this week you can do to use or find your spiritual gifts?
- How can we pray for you?
Need a prayer cue? Try one of these! Psalm 12, Psalms 34:1-9