Break the Ice.
- Finish this sentence. “I’m the happiest when…”
Bring the Word.
Read John 17:4
- What work do you think Jesus is referring to?
- Why do you think the disciples were now “ready” to go and make other disciples?
Read Matthew 28:19-20
- What is the basic instruction of the Great Commission? (make disciples)
- Jesus said, “teaching them to observe…” Why does discipleship need a relational component?
- “…all that I have commanded you.” Why does discipleship need an instructional component?
- What happens when we stop making disciples?
- Who’s role is it to make disciples? Pastors only or every Believer? Explain your answer.
- Why doesn’t discipleship fit into a program or a 3 step system?
Read 2 Timothy 2:2
- What does this verse teach us about discipleship?
Bring it Home.
- Action Questions:
- Who’s your Paul? Who’s your Timothy?
- How can we pray for you?
Read John 19 before next week!