Break the Ice.
- What has been your biggest loss in life?
Bring the Word.
Assessing the Situation – Read John 6:1-7
- Why did Jesus ask the question, “Where are we to buy bread?”
- How did Philip respond?
- At this point, Philip had already seen Jesus perform miracles. How would Philip’s response have differed had he been fully convinced of Jesus’ miraculous power?
- You could say Philip responded based on what he could see. How do you and I face circumstances based on what we can see?
Redeeming the Situation – Read John 6:8-14
- Andrew introduces Jesus to the only resources available, but how do we know that Andrew still had doubts?
- What are some of the differences between Philip’s response and the boy’s response?
- What is Jesus able to do with a boy’s snack lunch?
- What is Jesus able to do with our humble offerings, our inadequate abilities, and our small resources?
- Wouldn’t it be just like God to use a small church like Antioch Georgetown to make a big difference in the world? What should our attitude be towards our humble beginnings?
Thought: God only multiplies what we are willing to let go of!
Bring it Home.
- Action Questions:
- What’s one way you can invest your time and energy this coming week?
- What’s one way you can invest your money and possessions this coming week?
- How can we pray for you?
Read John 5 before next week!