Break the Ice.
- What is your favorite holiday, and what do you enjoy about it?
Bring the Word.
This month we are focusing on our 2nd culture statement: Life Change. In these 3 chapters of Romans, we are confronted with man’s internal struggle, and God’s eternal victory.
Man’s Internal Struggle.
Read Romans 7:14-24.
- Describe Paul’s sense of helplessness.
- Paul’s problem isn’t knowledge (he knows what he should do). His problem isn’t desire (he wants to do what’s right). So why is Paul struggling?
- How can you relate to Paul’s internal struggle?
- What question does Paul end with in verse 24?
God’s Eternal Victory.
Read Romans 7:25.
- Paul answers his own question.
- Where does victory over sin come from?
Read Romans 8:1-4
- If “there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,” then where does condemnation come from?
- What’s the difference between condemnation and conviction?
- Read Romans 8:11,26,28,31,35,37-39.
- What message is Paul driving home in these verses?
- What do these verses teach us about Believers? What do they teach us about God?
Bring it Home.
- Action Questions:
- How can you and I experience victory over sin in our lives?
- How should we respond when we continue to sin?
- How can we pray for you?