Break the Ice.
- What job/career would you be terrible at? You’re Fired!
Bring the Word.
This month we are focusing on our 2nd culture statement: Life Change. In these 3 chapters of Romans, we’re taught about how our mindset must change in the life of believers. We change from a “me-centered” life to a “Christ-centered” and “others-centered” life.
A Me-Centered Life
- In what ways are babies and children “me-centered.”
- In what ways are teenagers “me-centered.”
- In what ways are adults “me-centered.”
A Christ-Centered Life
Read Romans Romans 12:1-2
- What does Paul mean by “offer your bodies as a living and holy sacrifice?”
- According to verse 1, what is worship?
- Why is it important to “renew our minds?”
An Others-Centered Life
Read Romans 12:3-21
- How are we biblically supposed to think of ourselves?
- How are we supposed to use our spiritual giftings? (see verse 6-9; toward others!)
- In verses 9-21, Paul lists several practical ways to live an “others-centered” life. Which one do you find most challenging?
- How do many of these run contrary to our natural tendencies?
Bring it Home.
- If a jury examined your life last week, would they accuse you of being me-centered, Christ-centered, or others-centered?
- How can we pray for you?