Break the Ice.
- If you could live in another decade, which decade would you pick?
Bring the Word.
Read Exodus 14:1-9
- Where did God tell Moses to lead the people?
- What does God tell Moses will happen? What does this tell you about God?
- What does Pharaoh do and who does he take with him?
- It seems like Pharaoh had quickly forgotten what God had done. Why do you think that is?
Read Exodus 14:10-12
- How does Israel initially respond when they see Pharaoh’s army?
- It seems like Israel had quickly forgotten what God had done. Why do you think that is?
- Why is it important to remember and reflect on God’s faithfulness in the past?
Read Exodus 14:13-18
- What are the three essential things Moses tells Israel? (Do not fear. Stand by and see the salvation. The Lord will fight for you.)
- What direction did God tell Israel to go?
- What direction did Israel want to go?
- What excuses might Israel have had for not going forward?
- How do you think the people would have responded after the crossed the Red Sea.
- Read their response in Exodus 14:30-31.
Bring it Home.
- How should it change how you live to know that the Lord will fight for you?
- Anything going on in your life you’d like to share with us?
- How can we pray for one another?