Break the Ice.
- What was the name of the first CD you purchased?
Bring the Word.
Read Exodus 20:1-17
The ten commandments are God’s ways of how we should interact with Him and other people. They are relational commandments. They are fulfilled as we live in a right relationship with Him and a right relationship with others. Likewise, they are broken when we step outside the boundaries God establishes for healthy relationships. The first four tell us how to interact with God, and the last six instruct us how to interact with other people.
For this discussion, take time working through each commandment asking these two questions:
- How do we break this commandment?
- How do we keep this commandment?
If time allows, ask these follow up questions.
- What do the 10 commandments tell us about God’s nature?
- Which commandment do you think is the easier to break without thinking about it?
- Which commandment do people pass off as “not that bad?”
Bring it Home.
- Anything going on in your life you’d like to share with us?
- How can we pray for one another?