Break the Ice.
- Describe your childhood in three words.
Bring the Word.
Read Exodus 12:1-6
What day of the month was Israel supposed to select the sacrificial lamb? What does the number 10 represent?
- What kind of lamb were they to select? What does this tell you about God?
- What were they going to do with the lamb?
- How is Jesus the sacrificial lamb for us?
Read Exodus 12:7-13
- What did God ask Israel to do with the blood of the lamb?
- What does the blood on the sides and tops of the doorpost represent?
- According to verse 11, how were the people supposed to eat the lamb? Why do you think God was specific in eating the meal this way?
Read Matthew 24:30-31; 37-39; 40-44
Read Matthew 16:27
Read Luke 17:28-30
Read Luke 12:40
- What do these scriptures tell us about the second coming of Christ?
- Why would the enemy want us to live as though Christ is not returning?
- How does knowing Jesus is coming back effect the way we should live our daily lives?
- What does it look like for us as followers of Christ, to live ready?
- Why is it critical that we never waste an opportunity to share the gospel with someone?
Bring it Home.
- Anything going on in your life you’d like to share with us?
- How can we pray for one another?