Break the Ice.
- What’s your favorite Christmas tradition?
Bring the Word.
Read Exodus 16:1-7
- Thinking back to when God delivered Israel from Egypt and thinking how God parted the Red Sea, what might you expect Israel’s attitude to be?
- Only one month had passed since since Israel left Egypt. What is their attitude now?
- What does God tell Moses He will do?
Read Exodus 16:8-22
- How does God provide for Israel? How often does He provide? What does this tell you about God?
- What happened to the food when people tried to save it for the next day?
- How much were the people supposed to gather on the sixth day? Why?
Read Exodus 16:31-36
- What did the manna taste like?
- Why did God ask Israel to keep some in jars for generations to come?
Bring it Home.
- How can we remember daily the sacrifice Jesus made for us?
- How can we have an attitude of gratitude instead of an attitude of grumbling?
- Why is that important?
- Anything going on in your life you’d like to share with us?
- How can we pray for one another?