Break the Ice
- What fictional world or place would you like to visit?
Bring the Word
Read 2 Kings 17:1-12
- Why do you think there is a reminder of God delivering the people from Egypt?
- How where the Israelites removed from the land?
- Do you think the Israelites did better, the same, or worse than the people they drove out of the land?
- Who was the king of Judah when Israel was captured?
Read 2 Chronicles 28:1-5
- Of all the things that Ahaz does wrong, which one sticks out to you the most and why?
- How would you expect the fall of Israel to affect king Ahaz? Or the defeat by the Arameans?
Read 2 Chronicles 28:20-25
- Why did Ahaz take some of the things from the Temple?
- What was his reasoning for offering sacrifices to the gods of Damascus?
- Are there things that we do today that have a similar reasoning? What are some?
Read 2 Chronicles 36:11-16 (approximately 130 years after the fall of Israel and king Ahaz of Judah)
- Who hardened Zedekiah’s heart?
- Who else can harden hearts? (Exodus 9:12)
- What do you think is the difference between God hardening someone’s heart and that person hardening their own heart? Which do you think is worse?
- Why do you think there is no remedy for God’s wrath here?
Bring it Home
Read 2 Chronicles 36:17-20
- Who brought the Babylonians?
- Why would God allow the temple to be raided and then destroyed?
- Why do you think God saves a remnant?
- Is there a remnant in the church?
- How can we pray for you?