Check out this video from Pastor Andy:
Read Isaiah 52:1-5
- What is this verse speaking about when it says Zion? (Zion is a Hebrew synonym for Jerusalem).
- How would you describe Zion’s situation?
- How is Zion’s situation affecting God?
- Which is worse the oppression of Zion or the blaspheming of God’s name?
Read Isaiah 52:9-10
- If you were a Jew in this time without the knowledge we have of Christ how might you view the redeeming of Jerusalem and the salvation of God?
- What do you think “the Lord will lay bare his holy arm” (v.10) means?
Read Isaiah 53:1-6, John 12:37-41
- Who or what is the arm of the Lord? How does it connect to Isaiah 52:9-10 (“the Lord will bare his holy arm”)?
Read Isaiah 53:7-9, Matthew 26:59-63, 27:57-60
- Aside from fulfilling prophecy, why do you think Jesus remained silent?
- What other time or times during Jesus’s suffering did he remain silent? Why?
Read Isaiah 53:10-12
- Do you think it was a greater sacrifice of Jesus facing the physical torment on the cross or “being numbered with the transgressors” and bearing “the sin of many?”
- How can we pray for you?