Check out this intro video from Pastor Andy on Jeremiah:
Read Jeremiah 25:15-16
- Why do you think God uses the wine as the symbol for his wrath?
- Why is it in a cup?
- “Several times in the Old Testament a cup is a powerful picture of the wrath and judgment of God. ‘For in the hand of the LORD there is a cup, and the wine is red; it is fully mixed, and He pours it out; surely its dregs shall all the wicked of the earth drain and drink down.’ (Psalm 75:8) ‘Awake, awake! Stand up, O Jerusalem, you who have drunk at the hand of the Lord The cup of His fury; you have drunk the dregs of the cup of trembling, and drained it out.’ (Isaiah 51:17).” [From Enduring Word commentary]
- Are there any other instances in Scripture where a cup is prevalent?
Read Jeremiah 25:17-26
- Who was the first to have to drink from the cup?
- Why do you think they were first?
- Why do you think Babylon is last?
Read Jeremiah 25:27-31
- Is there an option to drink or not drink the wine?
- Why do you think he mentions the sword?
Read Jeremiah 25:32-33, Revelation 19:11-21
- Do you think these passages are talking about the same event? Why or why not?
- What is the disaster spreading from nation to nation?
- In these prophecies what roles do we see Jesus filling?
Read Luke 22:39-42
- Do you think Jesus is speaking of the same cup?
- Does that change our option to drink? If so, how?
- How can we pray for you?