- What images come to mind when you hear the phrase “day of the Lord”?
Read Joel 1:13-20
- Why do you think the priests are singled out?
- What are they charged with doing?
- Who are the priests?
Read 1 Peter 2:9-10
- Who are the priests now?
- Do you think that the charge to the priest in Joel applies to us?
Read Joel 2:1-11
- Has your idea of the day of the Lord changed? In what ways?
- Who is the leader of this army?
- Why do you think God is putting His people through this?
Read Joel 2:12-13
- What does verse 12 tell us of God’s intent behind his actions ?
- Does this verse sum up the things that God told the priest to do earlier?
- What is meant by “rend your heart and not your garment?”
- As Christians what are some areas that sometimes fall under the “rend your garment” category of our lives?
Read 1 Peter 3:3-4
- If you think about the preparation required for verse 3, what does it tell us about the preparations we should make for verse 4?
- How do we recommit ourselves to the Lord daily?
- How can we pray for you?