Read Amos 5:18-20
- How do you think the Israelites viewed the Day of the Lord?
- What is the author trying to convey by the analogy of the lion, bear, and snake?
Read Amos 5:21-24
- Are the things mentioned normally considered good or bad things?
- Why do you think these things have become so repulsive to God?
Read Amos 8:1-6
- Why do you think God uses a bowl of ripe fruit to represent Israel?
- What is God saying the people are doing?
- Why are they so displeasing to God?
- Are there things that we as Christians are just doing and not really serving with our heart?
- Do you think the Isrealites viewed using “dishonest scales” and “selling the sweepings with the wheat” as just a normal part of doing business?
- Are there dishonest things that we sometimes overlook as just part of life or business? What are they?
Read 1 Peter 5:2
- Is this passage only applicable to leaders? Why or why not?
Read Luke 16:10-12
- What are some of the “little” things we are trusted with?
- What do you think the “true riches” are?
- Can you invest in property in the kingdom? And if so how?
- How can we pray for you?