What Does Jesus Say?
Read Matthew 28:16-20
- Before Jesus speaks, what things do we see the apostles doing? Do those things represent the purpose of the Church?
- Who is this command directed to?
- Why do you think these commands apply to the Church?
- Why are they/we supposed to go and make disciples?
- How serious is a command from someone that holds all authority?
- Is there a difference between disciples and believers?
- What are the commands?
- Is baptism or teaching possible without making disciples? Why or why not?
- How does the way we are commanded to baptize represent a fundamental principle of Christianity? (name not names)
- Is there a time limit to Christ’s presence? Is there a time limit to making disciples?
Bring It Home
Read 1 Corinthians 10:31-11:1
- If someone is a disciple/follower, what things are required for teaching them to obey?
- How might making disciples affect different aspects of your walk with God?
- How can we pray for you?